Friday, October 24, 2008

Liberating Ones Self





So, late Tuesday night after seeing Land of Talk and Broken Social Scene live at Toad's Place, I cut my own bangs. They were so long -- they were down to my chin already. I was so mad at that and that I had no money to get a nice hair cut that I took a pair of scissors and just cut straight across. I've been wanting straight bangs for awhile now, thanks to Rachael Yamagata. Haha. Anyways, it really was a liberating feeling to just do it myself spontaneously.



Land of Talk and Broken Social Scene live = true definition of Amazing.

There was a point in the concert where Kevin Drew wanted us to scream -- scream for all the emotions built up inside, for the people who have hurt us, who we have hurt, who have died, who are alive, for life. It was such a therapeutic release. It felt so right too just because I was in a room filled with people doing the same exact thing. I squeezed Melissa's hand so hard and screamed as loud as I could. Then Malaika turned it into humor by mocking the Hippies Crying Over Dead Trees video we love on YouTube. 

Live concerts really do keep me high on life. They inspire me beyond belief. They convey meanings of realization and epiphanies. I want to write music, I want to do better in my designing, I want to be like the dancers I see on YouTube, I want to get out into the real world and travel to see everything that there is.

It made me really happy to be alive and thankful that I am so blessed by God. 

So please, don't do drugs. Go to live concerts instead. Hehe.



"We've seen how sick we were, but I've got you for my life...and I'll love you like I'll love you when I die."



1 comment:

rawralyrawr said...

aww, i'm still sad i didn't get to go to that show =( but i'm glad you had a blast! oh man, if i was there i think i'd scream to the point where there would be no air in my lungs. sigh, love & life... it's such a rollercoaster ride =/ hang in there!