Saturday, September 20, 2008

Granted

















So, I've been cooking a lot these past couple of weeks. I can cook 3 types of chicken dishes: deep fried chicken (my lola's recipe), chicken stir fry w/ sweet chili sauce (thanks to Khleang & Tida), and baked chicken glazed with homemade teriyaki sauce (thanks to allrecipes.com & Tida). It's been fun learning, and I'm definitely enjoying the satisfaction of knowing I CAN cook. I have my own fried rice - soy sauce, onions, mixed veiggies. Ah, so good [: I just need to keep learning. Oh yeah, I also baked a fudge marble cake for Richelle's early birthday celebration. I put chocolate frosting on it with sprinkles ... everyone seemed to like it. I hope my lola and mom are proud of me...

School has been intense. I guess I'm having a complete designer's block this year. I'm creatively drained and exhausted. I'm getting through, though. All I want to do is to graduate, get a job, and travel the world. This summer, I would like to intern somewhere, whether NY or California. Most likely NY since that's where most graphic designers are and where most jobs are...but I'd like to be different and get away from the city. ALSO, I would love to take some dance classes from the noted choreographers I see on youtube. That would be so amazing and fulfilling for me. I definitely want to learn how to dance from Shaun Evaristo or Mariel Martin. Lyle Beniga is in DC ... maybe I could intern somewhere in DC and live with my sister. Well, whatever I do, I definitely don't want to waste my summer away. 

I can't believe I'm a junior in college. It all goes by so fast. I can't wait to be completely independent, but at the same time, I love this age and never want to grow old. That's just how it is though...that's life. 

My parents were completely cool with me going to UVA. I'm pretty excited about that. I don't want to stay there or go to the party. I just want to come back to Richmond and chill. Haha. Tuesday though, RACHAEL YAMAGATA. I need to tell them I'm going to NOVA. Hopefully they'll be as understanding as they are with UVA...This is how I'm going to put it. "Dad, if you found out the Beatles were playing about 2 hrs away from where you live, wouldn't you travel to see them? And also that's the closest venue they will be playing at?" He even enjoys Rachael Yamagata, so hopefully they'll be alright. I'm really trying to be honest with them. I want to show them that I AM responsible.

With all that said, I bid goodnight because I think my laundry can be put into the dryer now. I needed clean underwear. Ha.