Friday, August 1, 2008

The Dark Knight





















So, I finally watched The Dark Knight Wednesday night.  Finally, right? It came out while I was in Europe, and I was too busy doing European kind of things to go to a movie that would probably be in a language I couldn't understand without subtitles. Anyways, if I'm going to watch a movie like this, gotta watch it the right way...so Leslie, Sharmaine, Bebet, EZ, his shipmate and I watched it in IMAX at the Virginia Aquarium. An excellent choice I must say, for it was the best movie experience of my life. The huge screen made me feel like I was in the movie. 

IT WAS SO AMAZING! Intelligent plot line, amazing acting jobs, beautiful but impacting soundtrack, intense action scenes...it is probably the best movie I have ever seen in my life. I don't know how any movie can top this. I love comic book movies (even though I haven't read the actual comic books). This movie had such a smart storyline. All the timing that the characters had on certain situations, the clever insane humor of the Joker, the "GOTCHA!" scenes that kept going back and forth between the good and evil sides, incredible futuristic technology revealed, the use of gadgets to Batman's advantage, jaw dropping scenes, the concept of making it more realistic than just comic book like...It just blew me away. I hope a 3rd movie comes out, but without the Joker. If they do bring him back, they've got some big shoes to fill. Heath Ledger played the Joker like no one else could. You can't even tell it's him. He brought the character to life by providing a more-than-fitting voice, creating the habit of licking the inside of his cheek to feel his scars on his face, having humor but still being pretty fearful of his insaneness...even down to the way he walked and twitched his hands and head. He was just unbelievable. Of course, all the actors and actresses did their jobs well done by bringing their own characters to life. I don't think I will ever get over how good this movie turned out. 

So if you haven't seen it yet, PLEASE GO SEE IT IN AN IMAX THEATRE, IF POSSIBLE. IF NOT, JUST GO SEE IT!

1 comment:

JessicaRoxanne said...

I'm probably the only person who hasn't seen this god-forsaken movie yet!! I've been dying to see it, been unfortunately way too busy working.

btw, it's apparent I found you on blogspot. =] How was Europe?