Friday, October 10, 2008

Elephants...Teeth Sinking Into Heart




Today (October 9th) I received Rachael Yamagata's newest album.

I was supposed to receive the vinyl on October 7th, but due to shortage of vinyl production. they sent a CD in the meantime. So basically, I got the vinyl AND CD in one! Amazing.

Rachael Yamagata is amazing. As a musician, performer, and as a person. She really does light up the stage with her personality and talent. She and Regina Spektor are probably the only artists that have made me cry at a live concert. I can relate so much to the stories that they sing through their melodies. They give me hope in life and in my dreams to make music part of my career. 


"Oh and you've been lost
and I've been saved
is that what comes from giving away?

Maybe in time you will wake up to find you're free

So I grow up longing for another
with the windy city left behind to my lover
Will you ever know the way I cry?
You were gone that day, so you may have missed
my goodbye

Oh, and sometimes in my dreams I hear you say
'If you really care you won't go away'

What if I leave?"

- R. Yamagata




Listening to her brings me back to bittersweet nostalgia...I can really feel the heartache through the piano and strings...



No comments: